Saturday, January 22, 2011

Adventure to the Base Exchange (BX)

Last night was rough for me because Maddie woke up around 1 in the morning and did not go back to sleep until 3 or 3:30. I was then of course wide awake and exhausted. I had a break down and instantly called my mom. I'm doing better, just over exhausted and having a tough time adjusting. Especially when Maddie is waking up in the middle of the night.

Anyways, on to a more positive note, we walked to the BX last night and go new phones. I got the iPhone 4 and Dan got a Blackberry Curve. I couldn't resist getting the iPhone since it was an option. We headed over there again today because Dan's wasn't working for some reason and we needed a reason to get out of the house. I pulled out our first "Euros" from an ATM machine and let me tell you, they sure are interesting looking.
Maddie using her arms to balance down the stairs.

All bundled up!



The BX itself is obnoxiously huge. It is basically a mini mall and the prices are insane. I do not plan on going back unless I am super bored or absolutely need something. One of the strangest things I noticed was that you needed a quarter or a euro coin in order to use a buggy (or as Dan says, "cart") at the BX. However, when we opened a bank account the lady gave us a couple key chains with little coins on it we can use specifically for the carts.



Our buggy coin. Yes, it has smiley faces!
We also saw a mini cooper Red Bull car which was funny to us. The funniest of all though was the speeding monitoring sign. It gave the speed limit and then if the car was speeding it gave a sad face. Dan and I were cracking up over this.



Our walk home.
The side of the building we are staying in.
I think this is part of one of the running paths.






1 comment:

  1. They sure do seem to have a sense of humor with the frowny and smiley faces, very funny! I hope you can find some things to get involved in so you don't go totally stir crazy.

    ReplyDelete